Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thrift Shop

Macklemore This song had been on repeat for the last two days :) It's so funny!

September! I've been kinda having art block lately. I hate art block, really there's nothing quite so frustrating as not being able to create anything. Making art is such an essential part of my being and when I can't communicate my ideas visually it's kind of unsettling.  I think it's partly because of my new book.  I got this blue lead, which I like for preliminary sketching, but it's so so so light. I feel like my art is lacking the vibrancy it once had.  I've started going back to ball point pen and markers, but now my line quality really bothers me.  It's definitely a process.  Anywhoooo, here's some art stuffs.

First page of eery new book will always have some Banjo Rat stuff I've decided.


So this is the blue pencil stuff. I like this concept for the drawing, but it needs color.  I just don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions?


Blue pencil and white chalky/charcoal pencil.  This is doctored in photoshop so you can actually see it.  




This is me.  Drawing what I wear is really fun, I like cute clothes :)


Switching to marker, I love the prismacolor, goldenrod, on the toned paper.  


It was Allosaurus August in my drawing group :)



Went back to ballpoint pen and white gel pen.  I like it, but I feel more cautious and timid with it since I've been drawing with pencil again.



This is me at work ;)


More blue pencil stuff.  I'm totally addicted to Game of Thrones and decided to do a bit of fan art.



Feeling so cramped artistically, I switched to my crap sketchbook and just played around.  This is Inktense watercolor pencil and then marker.  It was good to just do some loose stuff that I didn't care about. 


Really liked how it turned out in my crap book so I went bak to my toned paper.  I loved that I could add white charcoal and just regular lead pencil. I love Mucha ladies, as I know I've said before, and I've been really into filigree lately so I combined them. 


It was so much fun, so I just kept drawing.  It was really rewarding to have a good long art night where creativity really felt like it was flowing.





Loving drawing pretty ladies and amazing hair, I drew a picture of a girl I know, Azin.  It's very stylized, but she's an absolutely beautiful person. It was fun to draw.  


So hopefully I've started to turn a new leaf and get over this boring phase I've been in.  Being so inspired by art nouveau with its gorgeous decorative style. I'm really happy with the markers and their line quality. I really hope it continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment